Free DNS service is a tool provided by DNS hosting companies. We will find out what it is and who can take advantage of it in today’s article.
Why is DNS service important for your business?
The DNS service is fundamental for online users to visit your website.
DNS servers handle domain-related queries. Additionally, they have an impact on your website’s performance (privacy, speed, and uptime) as well as the customer experience.
It is necessary to have DNS service because:
- A quick response to customer requests and a fast loading time is essential. Don’t scare away potential customers. Furthermore, search engines use both factors to determine if your site should be ranked higher or lower.
- A secure DNS service will defend and improve security from DDoS attacks.
- Keep in mind that not all companies provide the same level of service or guarantee. There is a significant difference between hosting your domain name on a single server and a network of servers spread around the globe. It also makes a difference if you have limited or limitless queries.
- The amount of time your website is available to users is referred to as uptime. Down servers or failures on a regular basis might cause your website to go off, resulting in financial losses.
- The type of DNS provider you select will determine how secure, speedy, and available your site is.
Free DNS – meaning
This service offers the DNS infrastructure that enables websites to operate online. In addition, it’s definitely free to use.
There are numerous free DNS hosting services available on the market. Different functions are available, but in general, a free DNS provider can provide:
- Manage your domain zones and DNS records (A, MX, TXT, CNAME, etc.)
- On a single account, you can have many domains.
- The user interface is straightforward.
- Dynamic DNS
- A small number of queries per month
- Customer service
Furthermore, many free DNS services could be upgraded with various premium DNS services. It depends on the company.
For whom is Free DNS suitable?
You have a website that does not yet have a lot of traffic from across the world—for example, start-ups, small or local enterprises, and blogs. Free DNS will give a strong domain with average performance and site management options.
Everyone requires a place to begin. Free DNS may be able to assist you in strengthening your business and preparing for the next step.
Free DNS hosting providers
Here’s a list of some of the best free DNS hosting providers. They are all great for beginners in the DNS area.
- ClouDNS provides an excellent Free DNS plan. It has 1 DNS zone, 1 Mail forward, 4 Unicast DNS servers, 50 DNS records, and 500k monthly DNS queries. Also, it has some fantastic additions, such as Dynamic DNS, that may come in handy. In addition, it offers customer support 24/7 and statistics on your DNS traffic. That’s really good for a free plan.
- Namecheap is a DNS hosting provider that offers both paid and free DNS services. Its free DNS plan contains a few pleasant surprises. One of them is using Secondary DNS, Dynamic DNS, and Email Forwarding. DNS record types include A, AAAA, MX, NS, CNAME, etc. It also provides 24/7 customer service.
- Dns4 is the last that we are going to mention on this list. It provides curious options like DNSSEC and Anycast DNS at no cost. However, its free plan only allows for up to 5 domains, with no statistics. Despite this, it offers 500K DNS queries per month.
In conclusion, we can say that the Free DNS service is totally beneficial to businesses that are new on the market and have low traffic. If this describes you, the free plan is your solution.